What causes an activity to release? Can it be more controlled?

What causes an activity to release? Can it be more controlled?

by Con Meo -
Number of replies: 1

Let's say I am taking a quiz activity within a topic and the next topic has a page activity with a restriction set on it to release when the quiz is finished.

There have been some cases where the quiz activity has been completed, but the restriction on the page activity is not active. It takes a page refresh, or a certain amount of time for the activity to be released. 

My question is: What cases this to be released? 

Is there a scheduled task that can be run in the event that the activity doesn't release?

If a scheduled task is the reason for an activity to be released, what are any draw backs to a scheduled task being set to a lower increment? For instance, I can set the "Calculate regular completion data" for course completion to be 1 minute. Can it be less than that? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Con Meo

Re: What causes an activity to release? Can it be more controlled?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It's a scheduled task. And, yes, it can take up to a minute. If you're Moodle cron task is set to something other than a minute (not recommended!) it can take even longer.

It's a 'feature' of the completion system.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)