Users can't see dashboard because they can't edit their own profile

Users can't see dashboard because they can't edit their own profile

by tim st.clair -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Plugin developers

I just upgrade my working site from Moodle 3.1.1 to Moodle 3.6.4. Now when any non-admin user logs on they can only see the following screen:

I would think that given that users don't seem to have any setting seeming to restrict them from editing their own profile, they are still requried to do "something" to their profile, which they can't edit.

The default role is "authenticated users". The capability to edit the profile isn't set.

What other culprits can cause this?

Students clicking the link on that page are taken to a non-existent wiki page. https://docs.moodle.org/36/en/error/moodle/cannotedityourprofile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to tim st.clair

Re: Users can't see dashboard because they can't edit their own profile

by David Saylor -
My guess would be there is some required field they need to update. Have you tried setting authenticated user to allow?
In reply to David Saylor

Re: Users can't see dashboard because they can't edit their own profile

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Tim,

As David says, the authenticated user role should have the 'Edit own user profile' capability set to allow. You may want to reset the roles on your site to default.