Quiz submission email notification is not working

Quiz submission email notification is not working

by Carlos Chiarella -
Number of replies: 8

Hi,

The quiz submission email notification is not working. I enable the capability: "mod/quiz/emailnotifysubmission" for the teacher role. The teachers are not receiving any emails notifying them. What am I doing wrong?

We are running Moodle version 3.5.3 on Ubuntu. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks for your help,

Carlos

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carlos Chiarella

Re: Quiz submission email notification is not working

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
  • Are emails working elsewhere on the site?
  • Are you using groups?
  • Have students taken the quiz? It won’t sent notifications when teachers preview and complete a quiz.
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Carlos Chiarella -
Thanks Jon for your reply. Yes, emails are working in the site. Yes, we are using groups. Although the teacher role has access to all groups. Non editing teachers only has access to his groups.
Yes, we had students that have taken the quiz.
In reply to Carlos Chiarella

by Corrine Carter -
I am here looking for help with the same issue. Other notifications are working but no notifications for quizzes. Opening each quiz (25 of them) every day to see if something needs manual grading is...well, not sustainable.

Help?
Moodle 3.6.1
Linux
In reply to Corrine Carter

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Corrine Carter -

I did a lot of key word searching in Moodle Docs but never found that link. I finally gave up and posted here. I'll take a look but literally every single notification is set to 'on' in admin now. Hopefully this is the sneaky place it's hidden.

Thank you

by Corrine Carter -
Thank you Dominique, that is where it was not defined. Horray! Now I get to stand-down on the hyper-vigilance of submission monitoring for the teachers.

by nolan damon -

Hi Dominique

I am having the same problem but no-one can help me here.  Can you please?

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=392995

I want parents of my students to receive email notifications on a quiz submission.  I have all the settings in place but it does not work.  What am I doing wrong?

Please help.

Nolan

In reply to nolan damon

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Nolan,

The best thing that could happen is that Tim Hunt tells us that it is already possible for parents to receive quiz notifications. smile

However, from item 10 in Parent role / Creating a new role ↗, it appears that parents can not receive confirmation or notification when a student submits a quiz.

Workarounds? (I have not tried them, so I do not know if they work).

• You can edit each student profile and change the email address to that of the parent. (ref. Forum 109235 ↗)
  • You can create many groups that contain only the student and the parent or mentor. Then, set the quiz to separate groups, and set the parent/mentor role to receive an email every time a member of their group completes a quiz. (ref. MDL-12776 ↗)

Any suggestions for improving Moodle's core? I quickly checked the existing trackers and it seems that there is none on this specific point. You could therefore open a new tracker.

• Suggest that the parent role can receive confirmation and notification when a quiz is submitted by the student.
  • Suggest that in the student's profile, a cc field (carbon copy of the email) be added for the parent(s).

Finally, you can write or ask someone to write a patch for you to copy emails to parents, such as MDL-6533 ↗.