Course visible/available to a group

Course visible/available to a group

by Tracy Hodges -
Number of replies: 4

Hi All,

I am a relatively new administrator and have taken over from a colleague who has left.

We have created a course that is unique to a particular client.  The content of the course is not currently visible to anyone , other than those enrolled, but it can be seen by anyone who does a search, and this includes the client name. 

Ideally, I would like to keep the client name in the course title, but remove visibility from everyone except those who are enrolled on to the course. 

Any suggestions please?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tracy Hodges

Re: Course visible/available to a group

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
If you are able to upgrade to the latest version of Moodle, Moodle 3.7, this is something that can be achieved - see
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Tracy Hodges -
Thank you Mary.

I have another related query to do with the visibility of course data that you may be able to help with too please.

Is it possible to create a 'Booker' who can only see data for students in a particular group within a course? So, in this instance, I have one course with lots of individuals from different companies. Each individual is given a group name connected to the company. If possible, I would like the booker to see (1) grades (2) enrolment dates and (3) student logs. Alternatively, could I use the 'institution' field to provide access for the booker?
In reply to Tracy Hodges

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Not quite what you are looking for (or maybe it is) but if you are using groups in a course then look at the documentation: How do I restrict teachers to viewing only the groups they are in?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Tracy Hodges -
Thank you Mary. That's exactly what I needed and it works. I just need to get my head around all of the various levels of user permissions (authenticated user, booker and course)  and understand which options to choose with regard to the reports now!!!