Course completion problem

Course completion problem

by Filippo Caburlotto -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

we have an odd problem with course completion: everything seems to work fine, but not always the completion conditions are respected.
For completing the course students should end 4 quiz activities and have a minimum score of 60 out of 100.

Everything looks fine if students have a score from 60 to 100, but in a negative case, the conditions aren't always respected.
What is really odd is that I can't find a logic of "non respeting". I have students with a score of 55 who haven't completed the course and students with a score of 49 who "completed" it.

Any idea of what's going on?

Thank you.

Fil

p.s.: I'm using moodle 3.6.4

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Filippo Caburlotto

Re: Course completion problem

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

So, course completion is a combination of activity requirements and course requirements.  You did not identify what your activity conditions are in combination.  Are you using the course grade or grades to pass on your quizzes?

If each quiz requires a certain number of points to pass AND you require all four quizzes complete and put 60 in the required course grade, if a student does not achieve the required number of points on one quiz but exceed the required number on others to total the 60 points, they will not get marked complete on the course because the quiz requirement wasn't met. 

Conversely, if you want them to get 60 points total but also want them to get 20 points per quiz, if they get 25 on two quizzes but only 5 on the other two, they will still have 60 points but didn't get an adequate score on two quizzes.

What do you actually want?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)