Course Completion Not Working

Course Completion Not Working

by Tim Lewis -
Number of replies: 11

Hi all, I'm looking for some urgent help.  

• I'm running Moodle 3.5 and have followed all the directions in terms of Activity & Course Completion settings.  
  • My courses are all Single Activity (SCORM)
  • When I complete a Course and return to the dashboard, it shows in the progress bar that the Course has been Complete,
  • However, when I view the Course Completion Reports, it shows the Activity as complete but not the Course itself

The issue is that I'm trying to test an Intelliboard plugin and whilst it's picking up all other data, it is not showing the Course completions (because of the above).  I've tried pretty much everything I can find in these forums without success, so appreciate any assistance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Lewis

Re: Course Completion Not Working

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
The progress bar on the dashboard shows activity completion and not course completion - so if your single activity SCORM pack is complete then it will show as complete even if you don't have course completion set. However, assuming you have set up Course completion as well as activity completion (and marked that SCORM activity as required for course completion ) then check in Site administration > Server > Scheduled tasks that the task 'Calculate regular completion data' is running frequently enough, such as every minute. You need to make sure the cron is running properly on your site, since all course completion is handled by cron tasks and does not happen immediately in the way that activity completion does.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Re: Course Completion Not Working

by Tim Lewis -
Hi Mary.

Thanks so much for your detailed response. I actually read a similar reply to someone who posted elsewhere some time ago, and had checked the server setting as you mentioned. Screen shot attached regarding the settings which I believe are all every minute (let me know if I've gotten that wrong).

I've not checked the cron (looked a little over my head when I did start looking into it) but unless I'm doing something wrong with the below settings, will review that next.  Grateful for any advise around knowing whether or not it is running correctly.  

Thanks again Mary.

Attachment server.PNG
In reply to Tim Lewis

Re: Re: Re: Course Completion Not Working

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Perhaps you can post a screenshot of your course completion settings?
In reply to Tim Lewis

Re: Re: Re: Course Completion Not Working

by Luis de Vasconcelos -
Have you checked whether Cron is running on your web server? You need to run the \admin\cli\cron.php script on a regular basis. See: https://docs.moodle.org/37/en/Cron
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

Re:

by Tim Lewis -
Thanks Luis, will try that and let you know. Appreciate your input.

Tim
In reply to Tim Lewis

Re: Course Completion Not Working

by Alex Stewart -

I am having the exact same issue and its driving our students crazy. When we updated from 3.3 to 3.5 we transferred over the data, but now new students cannot get their course completion marked correctly. Very frustrating. -- Sorry, I realize this was zero help, but wanted to post something to easily find this post again. I will respond again if I come up with anything.

Attachment pic.JPG
In reply to Alex Stewart

Re:

by Tim Lewis -
Thanks for adding your experience Alex; it may not be a resolution but clearly this is a regular challenge given the different posts I see. Hopefully we find a solution soon.

Tim
In reply to Tim Lewis

Re:

by Anatoliy Kochnev -
Picture of Plugin developers
Hello Tim,
Please contact IntelliBoard support team and they will be happy to help you with your settings and make sure the report works for you. IntelliBoard shows data based on Moodle completions.
Thanks a lot,
Anatoliy
In reply to Anatoliy Kochnev

Re:

by Tim Lewis -

Hi Anatoliy,

Thanks for your response.  I've already been in touch with your Support team and they've tried their best to assist.  Unfortunately however when we review the report in Moodle, it confirms that only the Activity is being shown as completed (not the Course itself) despite the settings all appearing to be correct.

I'm in the process of following other advice regarding cron and will get back to the Intelliboards team once I can.

Thanks,

Tim