Error Message "Invalid quiz attempt ID"

Error Message "Invalid quiz attempt ID"

by Ricardo Caiado -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hi, I am using Moodle 3.5+ (Build: 20180706). When I access "Quiz attempt reviewed" located in the "Event name" column I have the following error message: "Invalid quiz attempt ID". What could have caused this error? Ricardo
Attachment Screenshot_2019-05-29 Erro.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ricardo Caiado

Re: Error Message "Invalid quiz attempt ID"

by Blair F. -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
I'm getting this issue, today, as well. Did you ever find out what was causing it? In my case, I noticed that the "Student" had actually been mistakenly assigned a teacher role, and then it was switched after they did the exam! It's still strange, though, that the exam attempt would disappear.
In reply to Blair F.

Re: Error Message "Invalid quiz attempt ID"

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
If the student had teacher permissions when they 'attempted' the quiz, then I have really bad news for you. Moodle treated that just as a teacher previewing the quiz, and not as a real attempt. And previews are not kept. So I am afraid the data is gone.

The fact that an innocent mis-configuration of roles like this can cause serious data-loss is worrying, but no-one has ever found time to deal with MDL-54875.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)