can Multi-language field be query with Configurable reports ?

can Multi-language field be query with Configurable reports ?

by REMI PICARD (substitute) -
Number of replies: 4

hi,

I added some new fields to the user profile ( /user/profile/index.php ...etc ).

Then i added the translation, so i use mlang tag or sometimes the  span class multilang html tag.

i have problem to render the query/report each time i trie.

Configurable reports seems to fail each time i add a column which is a new field with translation.

shall you confirm the problem ?

i think Configurable reports adds the tags in the sql name field  instead of using the original untranslate field name, so it bugs at the view/results page.

am i wrong ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to REMI PICARD (substitute)

Re: can Multi-language field be query with Configurable reports ?

by Luis de Vasconcelos -
Did you actually change the /user/profile/index.php page or did you create some Custom Profile Fields in Moodle (Site Admin / Users / Accounts / User Profile Fileds)?

Re: can Multi-language field be query with Configurable reports ?

by Luis de Vasconcelos -
> am i wrong ?

If you changed the /user/profile/index.php file then yes, you're wrong! smile You should not edit core pages like that. Keeping track of the changes that you make becomes a nightmare and makes upgrading Moodle in the future more difficult (you have to remember all those core changes you made and apply them to the new Moodle version...)
In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

Re: Re: can Multi-language field be query with Configurable reports ?

not at all, my english is bad, sorry, i just use this page to add new field into my users profil.
i did not change neither alter nor rename any core fields of hte user profil.

1 - i add new personal field into the user profil
2 - i enter the translate name using the mlang method or the html span class one.

in Configurable reports, when you have to choose a field for a column, i also notice the plugin did no't understand the "translateing code", so it embbed the name field with the tags !
The developer code behind the plugin interface may have forget to "execute" the translate code !

Re: Re: Re: can Multi-language field be query with Configurable reports ?

ok i produced a full test.

once you add multilanguage field you add in the profil , the condition are not well executed (also bug).

even in the interface (see screenshot), you can see the plugin does not translate the field, so i guess in the background sql auto-generated, the sql query is wrong....

i test both multi-lang methods :

- mlang https://moodle.org/plugins/filter_multilang2

- htmltag https://docs.moodle.org/30/en/Multi-language_content_filter

below, you can see the interface forget to make the translation :

even in the sumary of the condition, the translation is not performed.

c1 and c2 are the same field type. c1 works fine when it is alone but once i add C2, the result is empty whereas c1 and c2 have the same data value in the database and the same field type too.

here the first method :

here the second method with span tag class