Account Expiry Date/Annual Course Subscription

Account Expiry Date/Annual Course Subscription

by Stuart Keasley -
Number of replies: 3

Hi there, first post here so be kind...

I'm trying to find a way to set accounts to auto "expire" (eg set to suspended) on a certain date, background details as follows:

We're using Moodle to provide students syllabus/training information. Students need to have a current license to access the syllabus, licenses last for one year. In essence, it's a subscription model with an annual frequency for payment.

I would like to record the expiry date of the license against the student, when license expiry date is reached, the student's access is suspended (or even better, with an e.g 30 day grace period)

When the student renews their license, the expiry date can be updated to the new date.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stuart Keasley

Re: Account Expiry Date/Annual Course Subscription

by Mark Johnson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Rather than suspending their account, would suspending their course enrolment(s) be sufficient?

The enrolments system already has support for this - if you set an end time on an enrolment, the enrolment will be "suspended" after that date, and can be re-enabled if required.

What access they have once their enrolment is suspended depends on how you can configured the capabilities on your Moodle instance.

In reply to Mark Johnson

Re: Re: Account Expiry Date/Annual Course Subscription

by Stuart Keasley -
Thanks Mark, yes that would work

I'll have a dig in enrolments....
In reply to Mark Johnson

Re: Account Expiry Date/Annual Course Subscription

by Nahim de Anda -
I am interested in a similar solution. The objective is to provide access to the subscribed user (and who has paid) to all content. Netflix model with moodle.
Any ideas?