SCORM Package Slide Navigation

SCORM Package Slide Navigation

by Swap Office -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I have converted my Powerpoint presentation to SCORM Package and added it as an Activity to my course.

Now problem i am facing is when user is going through the powerpoint slides in this package they can just click on next, next and the activity get completed.

can we put any restriction like the next slide should not be allowed untill user confirms he has read the current slide.

We are using Moodle 3.3

Thanks in Advance,

Swapnil

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Swap Office

Re: SCORM Package Slide Navigation

by Floyd Saner -

Moodle does not control how you progress through the slides in a SCORM module. Progression is controlled by the program inside the SCORM package.  But even if a person clicks, "I have read this slide", how do you know that is the truth?  You could just make your "Next" button labelled, "I have read this slide."  Anyone using the program can still click through the slides.

I suggest that what is really important is whether or not the person understands the content in the presentation. It does not matter whether or not they read each slide if they know what is trying to be taught.  The best way to test for learning is to have an assessment (test/quiz) built into the presentation, or as a post-test outside the presentation.

If you insist on having the user indicate they have read all the slides, then you can add a Moodle label resource in your course that states, "By clicking the checkbox to the right, I affirm that I have read all the slides in the presentation." Then configure the label to be marked complete when the user click the checkbox.

Floyd

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Swap Office

Re: SCORM Package Slide Navigation

by chandrakant gupta -

Hi Swapnil,

Which tools you have used to convert powerpoint slide to SCORM package.

I have used iSpring to convert PPT to SCORM package, and i have added it to Moodle as activity but the navigation panel is not visible.

I am not able to see next button so that user can navigate the slides.

We are using Moodle 3.8