Category based competency framework

Category based competency framework

by Ben Kahn -
Number of replies: 2

Greetings, I am exploring competency frameworks and learning plans to use at my institution. Competencies that can be linked to coursework and tracked over years would be a great help to some of our programs. It would make the most sense for us to be able to manage which frameworks show up for people, especially for reviewers. From the documentation it looks like I should be able to start the competency framework creation from within a course category: 

Go to Site administration > Competencies > Competency frameworks to create competencies in the system or access the same link from a category administration block to add them from a category. 

I am not seeing any option to create a competency framework at the Manage Courses and Categories page in the admin menu. Am I missing something simple? 

I have tried this on Moodle 3.4 site and a 3.6 site, both using the stock Boost theme. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ben Kahn

Re: Category based competency framework

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello there. Perhaps this tracker issue with similar findings help and you can vote for it? MDL-64795

If you can change your theme to Clean then you should see the admin block with the links, and then you will be able to get the correct context to view the competency frameworks in Boost afterwards.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Category based competency framework

by Ben Kahn -

Thank you, Mary. I was able to add ?&theme=clean to the end of the URL of the course management page and access the competencies link via the category admin menu. I will take a look at the tracker and vote for the issue.

Many thanks!