Stack questions & Maxima installation

Stack questions & Maxima installation

by Brian Merritt -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Do we have to use maximapool to access a separate maxima server, or is there a simple way to connect from the Moodle server via http or ssh?

There is a lot of good material on setting up stack questions and getting maxima running on the Moodle servers.

We want to run maxima on separate dedicated servers, and to test maxima I have added a maxima server to our docker dev environment.

We have a centos linux environment, so the debian based maximapool setup will need work but I can make it work if that's the only way.

Was trying to find some diagram for using Moodle with remote maxima servers as to how they are networked with and without load balancers but didn't find anything.  If (when) I do get it working I will attach the diagram here.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Merritt

Re: Stack questions & Maxima installation

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The best place to post STACK-related questions is in the Mathematics tools forum. Perhaps a moderator could use this.

If you want to put Maxima on a separate server (a good idea) then MaximaPool is the best way to do that. Maxima is a command-line programme, so to be callable over the web it needs to have something wrapped around it. MaximaPool is that something.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Stack questions & Maxima installation

by Brian Merritt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Thanks Tim

Once it's working I'll post the Centos config on Github and then  push a message there.

Murky!