Course Activity = Watch a Video that is a non-graded activity

Course Activity = Watch a Video that is a non-graded activity

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hello,

I have a course that is only an informational video (course activity = Label). Students are encouraged to self-enroll. Unfortunately, the action of enrollment appears to trigger the need for a Grade in the Gradebook. How can I remove the Grade requirement for the  course?

Kind Regards,

Shirley

In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

Re: Course Activity = Watch a Video that is a non-graded activity

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Is there a way to create a course that only uses the Completion Activities to display a Grade as "Completed or Passed" without manually grading each student?

by Christoph Siefer -

Shirley,

I have the same question, tried H5P (the current version does not track the video-viewing but just any questions answered) lesson, media:video and several others. I can't figure out how to use any of these to grade a student's video view.

Hope someone can help... 

In reply to Christoph Siefer

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
My workaround is to always have a one question quiz that will mark the activity as complete without manual grading.

Since Moodle is an educational based system the focus is on grades vs a training activity is completed and recorded.
IMHO there should be two configuration settings:
1. turn on/off the Gradebook across all courses.
2. turn on/off use the Course Completion conditions to display on the grade page, Complete or Pass. Each Complete or Pass condition is still controlled at the course activity level.
3. the Grade page should display the date the grade was achieved.

by Christoph Siefer -

My question was "how to grade an activity without any further user-clicks" (but downloading a file or viewing a video). I could not figure out how to achive that in moodle.

In reply to Christoph Siefer

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
if H5P will not auto-complete an activity after a student views or downloads a video, then you need to apply a workaround. The same problems exists when a course has a label activity Moodle will not auto-complete those activities. The functionality does not current exists.
My workaround, allows me not to manually set the activity to complete for hundreds of students per course.
Kind Regards