PHP Zip & GD installed but not found by Moodle

PHP Zip & GD installed but not found by Moodle

by Pierre B -
Number of replies: 3

I am trying to install Moodle 3.6.3+ (Build: 20190418) on my local Fedora 29 but I get the error that zip and gd are missing, when they are installed and activated on my system:

$ php -m |grep zlib      

zlib

$ php -m |grep zip 

zip

$ php -m |grep gd 

gd

See extract of my phpinfo attached where I can see zip and gd are found within Apache.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachment screenshot-localhost-2019.04.19-15-19-37.png
Attachment screenshot-localhost-2019.04.19-15-19-45.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pierre B

Re: PHP Zip & GD installed but not found by Moodle

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Suggest installing Moodle via command line then.   Takes apache out of the loop ... just php and DB then.

cd /path/to/moodlecode/admin/cli/

php install.php

You will be prompted for the same things one would have seen in the web based install.

You previously created an empty database for moodle with character set utf8mb4 and collation utf8mb4_unicode_ci and a data directory (moodledata) ... typically in /var/www/ ownerships and permissions are liberal ... owner/group 'apache'.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Pierre B -

Thanks I will try that, although I would like to solve the web installer.

It might be a Fedora problem... I will get back at you if I find a solution thanks!

In reply to Pierre B

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

They're installed in the 'command line' version of PHP. This is nothing to do with the web-based software. 

As for PHPInfo, you should see something like...

Attachment Screenshot 2019-04-23 at 11.51.28.png
Attachment Screenshot 2019-04-23 at 11.51.52.png