Conditional display of parts in the Formulas question

Conditional display of parts in the Formulas question

by Dominique Bauer -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Using simple client-side coding, the conditional display of parts consists in hiding parts of a Formulas question and displaying them upon answering other parts.

For example, the conditional display of parts can be used to let students try to determine how to solve a problem. The part asking for the final answer is displayed first. If the student has the correct answer, other parts consisting of the required solution steps are displayed for verification and reinforcement. If the student has an incorrect answer, the same or other required solution steps are displayed and used as hints.

See also https://moodleformulas.org/course/view.php?id=49§ion=8 ↗ .

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dominique Bauer

Re: Conditional display of parts in the Formulas question

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

The method is now improved.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Bernat Martinez -

Hi Dominique, 

I find this method very imaginative aimed to make FORMULAS questions more pedagogically based

I have shared it in the FORMULAS course we are running

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Bernat Martinez

by Viziscience Chemistry Videos -

Hi, is there anyway I can access the unit and see how it works. It requires a teacher enrollment key to view it and I don't have an enrollment key to your site, would you be able to provide one? Thanks.

In reply to Viziscience Chemistry Videos

by Dominique Bauer -

You do not have teacher access on moodleformulas.org . However, you will find the xml file of the question. Download this file, then import it to your site. Thus, you will be be able to view the code of the question.