Open-ended cloze questions

Open-ended cloze questions

by Zeid Fanous -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

Is it possible to create essay-like questions for cloze. I’m trying to create a drop down answer list but I want the teacher to manually grade it?

I’m using moodle 3.5.. thanks smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Zeid Fanous

Re: Open-ended cloze questions

by Zeid Fanous -

anyone sad ?

In reply to Zeid Fanous

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Don't quite understand what you are trying to do?  Are they just picking one answer from the drop down and why would you not want that automatically graded?

I think you would pretty much have to use the essay question if you want the teachers to grade the answers...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Zeid Fanous -

Hi Emma, 

Essentially, im trying to do an essay question but with a dropdown choice list. The question consists of a a bunch of choices that can be correct in different combinations Unless there is a way to create nested questions in Cloze smile

In reply to Zeid Fanous

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Ok, that makes more sense now!  So, really you are looking for the ability to branch (i.e. have a second question be dependent upon the answer to the first question).  I don't think there is any way to do this in quiz - however, you can do branching in Lesson or in Feedback..or the questionnaire plugin...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Zeid Fanous -
Yup,

Thats why im looking for essay-like questions but with a drop down smile. I think maybe the best option is to display the choices in the response template and make the users "bold" the right answer... thoughtful