Javascript/jQuery plugin and random generated questions?

Javascript/jQuery plugin and random generated questions?

על ידי Carl Brewer בתאריך
מספר תגובות: 3

G'day,

I have found a really neat jQuery using set of aviation gauges that I want to be able to use to do some randomly generated quiz questions.  I had a bit of a poke around with google, but am not sure exactly how to get started.  The stuff I want to use is :

https://github.com/sebmatton/jQuery-Flight-Indicators - to start with, just statically, so something like pick a random airspeed, then display the gauge, and have answers generated around the airspeed (typical multiple choice or insert a number questions).

and I'm using Moodle 3.6.current.

Is there a howto for doing this sort of thing somewhere handy? I'm not much good with javascript and am not really sure of how it all fits together - I'm assuming I can't just pop scripts into a quiz question's HTML page?

ממוצע דרוגים: -
בתגובה ל: Carl Brewer

Re: Javascript/jQuery plugin and random generated questions?

על ידי AL Rachels בתאריך
תמונה של Core developers תמונה של Particularly helpful Moodlers תמונה של Plugin developers תמונה של Testers

Hi Carl,

As a retired helicopter instructor pilot, I was excited to see this. I suspect you can achieve what you want by using Justin Hunt's Generico filter plugin. You could make a filter bundle for each individual instrument, as well as one that would give you the whole instrument panel. Once you create a filter bundle, then it does become just a matter of being able to "pop" it into a question.

בתגובה ל: AL Rachels

על ידי Carl Brewer בתאריך

Hey Al, thanks for the reply, do you know of a really basic "beginners" guide to how to do this in Moodle?  I have no idea of how to start to make a bundle, for example.  I can code in C, Perl, Python (bourne shell, makefiles etc) ... but getting started in this, I don't know how to take the very first steps חיוך

בתגובה ל: Carl Brewer

על ידי AL Rachels בתאריך
תמונה של Core developers תמונה של Particularly helpful Moodlers תמונה של Plugin developers תמונה של Testers

Hi Carl,

Best suggestion, when you install Generico Filter, it comes with a bunch of filter bundles included. Select one of the templates to modify, then select one of the built ins. Look at it and see how it is built. There is a Genrico showcase forum, and other Generico forms, with lots of contributed bundles.  They can be installed by dropping the file on the "Bundle" button of a Generico template. Look at how they are "built" and see if you can get something to work. Ask for help in the other Generico forums and I am sure someone will jump in with more advice.

I would try to develop this myself, but I am deep into working on family taxes, and have 5 doctors appointments in three different towns to go to this week. With other stuff, I won't really be able to devote any time to this until probably June.  עצוב