Help of Content Editing

Help of Content Editing

by Martin . -
Number of replies: 2

I want to create a simple HTML/CSS table code snippet ... one that can be cut and pasted as code into the editor, and then modify the content.

The easiest way (and for some CSS, the only way) is to use a <style></style> tag before the table itself ... except that this seems to be stripped out of the code (!!!)

1. How do I prevent some various codes from being stripped?

2. How do I change the default content editor so that the underlying code (and many other useful buttons) are not hidden by default?

3. Is there a way to strip all HTML from the contents ... the 'clear' formatting button is of little use ... and the resulting code is horrendous!

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin .

Re: Help of Content Editing

by C Behan -

How do I prevent some various codes from being stripped?

Switch to plain text editor (in your preferences)

How do I change the default content editor so that the underlying code (and many other useful buttons) are not hidden by default?

You can configure the Atto menu at Site administration>Plugins>Text editors>Atto HTML editor>Atto toolbar settings

Is there a way to strip all HTML from the contents

You could use a tool like the HTML cleaner website

In reply to C Behan

Re: Help of Content Editing

by Martin . -

Thank you.

I could not change the atto settings 'an error occurred' ... but it was moot since I switched to a plain text editor ... and styles now work smile

My only issue will relate to embedding images ... and knowing the appropriate file paths etc. when using the text editor. Is there a way to toggle between the two rather than changing the settings?

.... and a big thanks for the HTML-cleaner website idea ... fantastic smile