Limit report access

Limit report access

by Whitney Lowe -
Number of replies: 3

I have a series of groups in my course and there is a non-editing teacher in each group. I'd like to have that non-editing teacher have access to grade and completion reports. I have the teacher enrolled in their group and most reports (completion, participation, activity completion) are all limited to the people in the teacher's group. However I noticed that the non-editing teacher can also access logs for all students in the course (not only those in their group) and we can't have that for privacy issues. 

Is there any way to make sure that non-editing teachers see only reports for their group (including log reports)?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Whitney Lowe

Re: Limit report access

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Remove the 'report/log:view' capability for non-editing teachers to remove it for that role completely.

I don't believe there's any way to set capabilities based on groups. Groups don't represent a role 'context' that you can control capabilities for.