Restrict Grading

Re: Restrict Grading

by py robert -
Number of replies: 4

Hi Joost Elshoff

Hmm, in your response you are speaking about groups, not cohort.

I’ll check documentation concerning this part but as I remember, groups need to be created in a Course or activity context.

For a single level, I’ll have up to 24 courses. If I take the actual system, that means up to around 300 groups per level, for 4 levels, so around 1000 groups that need to be created.

As this kind of teacher works across courses, I primary thought about site wide cohort, that would have been easier to create (only 20 if I count right).

Thanks for answer, I’ll check deeper this group system and see if it can be created automatically (by API for example).

I'll come back to tell if this solutions suits.

In reply to py robert

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi py robert,

The cohorts you're thinking of are only used to enrol users into courses based on their cohort membership(s). For every cohort sync enrolment, you can set whether to auto-create a new course level group.

You may end up creating a vast larger number of site level cohorts (> 20), as you will need to facilitate:

• academic year (2018-2019, 2019-2020)
  • programme year (1st, 2nd, 3rd, ...)
  • subject (math, language, programming, creative writing, ...)
  • class (class A, B, C, D, ...)

This should not be a big issue, but it is best to take this into account when designing your solution. 

Last but not least: cohort sync enrolment with automated course group creation is something that needs to be set up manually for each course and each enrolled cohort, but this is a matter of no more than 5 or six steps.

In reply to Joost Elshoff

by py robert -

Hi Joost Elshoff

Thanks again for your answers.

I made some tests folowing your suggestions. As you said the non editing teacher had

moodle/site:accessallgroups

disabled by default, I tested the non editing teacher role.

So I created my teacher TA (non editing teacher role), 2 student (S1 and S2, student role) and 2 groups inside a single course

- 1 group F1 with TA and S1

- 1 group F2 with S2 only.

When I log in admin, I see the 3 users and the 2 groups

This screenshot is in french and I have removed the email column which is not mandatory for my request.

When I log as TA, I see user S2 which is not in the same group

Would i have missed something ?

Thanks for your help

In reply to py robert

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi py robert,

Have you set up the Assignment to be used with Separate groups? And is the TA user in one of those groups?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joost Elshoff

by py robert -

Hi Joost Elshoff

No and Yes for the answers of your question.

I've just modified the asignment and it is working for grading. I see now only the student of the group.

So a big thanks for your help

And I solved my second problem that was hidding participants with capability course:viewparticipants.

Thanks a lot