Upgrade theme problem

Upgrade theme problem

by Iago Galvão -
Number of replies: 7

Hello, I have a very serious problem. I tried to update the theme of my moodle, but I ended up breaking my whole site. What I did: I went to the "moodle / themes" folder and renamed my theme folder to "tema_old" and then created a folder named "theme" with the updated files, after that I cleared all the caches. After that all the pages of my moodle were white (literally), I can not see anything via the web. I tried to reverse what I had done, but simply the problem did not go away. Can someone help me?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Iago Galvão

Re: Upgrade theme problem

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Did you actually call the folder "theme" and it is located in the regular moodle theme folder?  Or did you name the whole moodle theme folder 'tema old' and then try and create a new theme folder directly in the moodle folder? When you originally made the change, did you go through an installation process with a database upgrade?  Or did you just lose the site at that point?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Iago Galvão -

Original:

XsChNYI.png

After I modified:

nBl9xqY.png

So after that I cleaned up all the caches. After that I lost web access to moodle.

0aQQFrz.png

In reply to Iago Galvão

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Well, first off, remui is a paid theme and probably has some stipulations about you trying to change it.  Take remui folder out of the theme folder altogether, rename remui_old back to remui - clear caches.  That should work.

In reply to Iago Galvão

by Ludovic ORNON -

Hello,

To get back access to web, Ken Task proposed in a different post the solution to force a standard Moodle theme to load in the config.php : Permalink

Hope this help,

Ludovic

In reply to Iago Galvão

by Sarang Nair -
Hi Iago Galvão

I would suggest you save the backup folder of theme somewhere else. You are not supposed to remove the default theme folder which has been created while installing your Moodle site.

Now regarding the theme update, were you able to update Edwiser RemUI theme on your end? If not, then do let me know so that I can have a look at it.