Role to view only participants in group

Re: Role to view only participants in group

by Jon Bolton -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Sorry for the delay in replying Jack - I got caught up in stuff!

There is a permission that I changed to stop a role from seeing all groups. It's moodle/site:accessallgroups

You can 'prohibit' that at Site level for any role, which will affect that role in any course/activity - go to Site administration > Users > Permissions > Define roles and click the edit icon opposite the role you want to edit - or you can override the default for a specific role with 'prohibit' in a particular course or activity.

In reply to Jon Bolton

by Jack Parkinson -

No worries Jon. I thought we were onto a winner here - the behaviour seems to be exactly what I'm looking for - but unfortunately once I set that permission on the Non-editing teacher role to 'prohibit' I did not see any change. My grade report still looks exactly as above.

I have also tried to restrict the Non-editing teacher permissions on group management in an effort to fix this. Sadly I am still seeing no change.

I feel like this is the setting I need to change, but I'm just not seeing any effect! I've triple checked that it's prohibited for this role on both the site level and the course level, but perhaps I'm missing something obvious...

EDIT: nevermind, I figured it out! With my new knowledge about the particular permission I was looking for, I came across this question: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=258859

It didn't solve my issue directly but OP made reference to the course being set up in Separate Groups, which was what I was missing! So obvious, but I was too hooked up on sorting out the roles to look at the course settings!

In reply to Jack Parkinson

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Great - pleased that you’ve got it sorted 😁

I did mention separate groups in my first reply to you btw 😉