Add Essay Question to Lesson or Module

Add Essay Question to Lesson or Module

by Chris Vermeulen -
Number of replies: 3

Moodle 3.6.

This may be a silly question, but how do I add an essay question to a lesson. I have created the question in the question bank already.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Vermeulen

Re: Add Essay Question to Lesson or Module

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Chris. I am just going to move your question to the Lesson forum. 

Questions in the question bank are for quizzes only. If you want to add an essay question to the lesson activity then you need first to create a lesson activity and then when you choose the option of adding a question, you will be given the choice of adding an essay question.  See the video in the documentation page Lesson to get started.

Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Add Essay Question to Lesson or Module

by James Steerpike -
I think it would be possible by exporting the question and then importing into a lesson. Just been trying to do this with an essay containing a video clip and an instruction to describe what happens.
The reason I was trying to do this is the essay question in the lesson seems a bit more limited. In the Question bank there is a Response Template which allows me to enter key words. These key words appear in the answer field so the language students need to add connecting words and change the form to make a small essay. This does not appear possible in the Lesson Essay Question - whether you create in the lesson or import. Tried importing in both Gift and Moodle XML format - the Gift format lost the link to the video.
Looks like Lesson is not suitable for this type of activity.