Warn: The moodle-core-notification parent module has been deprecated

Warn: The moodle-core-notification parent module has been deprecated

by Alberto PM -
Number of replies: 5

Hello.

After trying it on a Windows server (IIS) and having these problems https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=382833
I've moved to a Linux server.
So now I'm working on Moodle 3.6.2+ and I'm using the Clean theme. I've enabled de Debuggin mode
I have been able to solve several of the problems: I can now change the language and the menus are expanded and collapse with no errors. But the same page still appears when entering admin: upgradesettings.php
In the console of the web browser inspector I can see this message: Warn: The moodle-core-notification parent module has been deprecated so I'm wondering if this is related to the problem.

Also, when I go into a course, the default language is changed by the english and the language selector disappear. A pop-up with this message is showed:

Ivalid parameter.

File: /lib/externallib.php

Line: 349

Stack trace:
lang => Detectado valor de parámetro no válido (Invalid external api parameter: the value is "es_es", the server was expecting "lang" type): Invalid external api parameter: the value is "es_es", the server was expecting "lang" type
Error code: invalidparameter
* line 349 of /lib/externallib.php: invalid_parameter_exception thrown
* line 223 of /lib/externallib.php: call to external_api::validate_parameters()
* line 59 of /lib/ajax/service.php: call to external_api::call_external_function()
* line 31 of /lib/ajax/service-nologin.php: call to require_once()

Could someone help me?

Thanks in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alberto PM

Re: Warn: The moodle-core-notification parent module has been deprecated

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Help?   Maybe ...

The error:

Invalid external api parameter: the value is "es_es", the server was expecting "lang" type): Invalid external api parameter: the value is "es_es", the server was expecting "lang" type

https://docs.moodle.org/36/en/Language_packs

https://download.moodle.org/langpack/3.6/

But I don't see an 'es_es' listing in the last link.

What directories do you see in your moodledata/lang/ directory? (where the language packs are installed).

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Alberto PM -

Hi Ken
In Site Administration > Languages > Language Packs Moodle says all language packages are updated.
There are to folders on moodledata/lang: es and gl
The package you're referring to would be es

In reply to Alberto PM

by Ken Task -

Ok ... don't have the problem with any servers running multiple languages myself ... was going on info provided ... *warning* says: Warn: The moodle-core-notification parent module has been deprecated

If what you say it true that 'es_es' would be a submodule to 'es' then?????

On one of the servers I admin, have es and es_mx ... in es ... no subfolder.

Both of them have a bunch of .php files contained therein and just looking at one for es_mx - filters.php

$string['actfilterhdr'] = 'Filtros activos';
$string['addfilter'] = 'Añadir filtro';
$string['anycategory'] = 'cualquier categoría';
$string['anycourse'] = 'cualquier curso';
$string['anyfield'] = 'cualquier campo';
$string['anyrole'] = 'cualquier rol';
$string['anyvalue'] = 'cualquier valor';

????

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Alberto PM -
Hi Ken
I don't understand quite good what you say (my english is not good enough).
I have some information that may be useful: In Moodle version 2.2.4 the spanish language package was Español de España, i.e, es_es but now is Español internacional, i.e. only es
So, I think this problem is caused by passing the parameter es_es instead of es. If I create a new course I don't have that problem, I suppose because the current language is International Spanish (not Spanish from Spain), so the question is: is it possible to change the courses old language values of the courses (es_es) to the new one (es)?

Thanks in advance 
In reply to Alberto PM

by Ken Task -

Version 2.2.4 is very old.  You might think about upgrading.

It's been years since I've seen a 2.2.x and so the only thing I can find on language and courses is this:

https://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Course_settings#Language

In the course settings, there is a setting to force the language of that one course.

Hope that helps!

'spirit of sharing', Ken