Site Backup

Site Backup

by Mark Little -
Number of replies: 9
Hi,

Why won't my scheduled backup work?

I have told it what directory to use and created the directory on the server, but nothing happens

Do I have to do anything Special to get it working?

I'm using v1.53+

Thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Little

Re: Site Backup

by Tim Allen -
Hi Mark,

Check the permissions on that directory, to make sure that the apache server (world in linux permissions speak) has privileges to write to it.

Tim.  smile
In reply to Tim Allen

by Mark Little -
Hi,

What permission should this directory have?

I don't really know much about Apache so any help would be grateful.

Thanks in advance.
In reply to Mark Little

by Mark Little -
Further to my last email..

I have run CRON again from the Admin directory and it made a backup of our site but It won't run at the scheduled times..

Any ideas why?
In reply to Mark Little

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Have you setup CRON in the operating system to run in the background, even if no one is logged in, as suggested in the installation instructions?

Saludos. Iñaki.
In reply to Mark Little

by Jared Lelos -
Mark,
I had/have this problem too. For some reason the only way I could get it to work was to leave the save to directory blank. Otherwise it just would not find the folder to save in and would fail. The only problem with is that my backups are accessable by everyone.
Hopefully this will at least help you narrow down the problem (assuming its the same problem!)
Jared