Error message when taking quizzes

Error message when taking quizzes

by Sarra Lev -
Number of replies: 2

When my students take a quiz and submit, they receive the following error: 

An error occurred while processing your responses (Invalid course module ID). Click continue to return to the page you were on and try again.

This seems to be happening with quizzes that are composed of questions in the System folder, and not of questions that are in the course folder (though I cleaned those out and deleted all of those questions. I could move them, but I really want the questions to be system-wide. 

If I click "More information about this error," I receive a message that says "This page does not exist yet. You can search for this page title in other pages, or let us know by posting about it in one of the Moodle community forums

I'm seeing that folks are having a similar problem (not skilled enough to know if it's the same) on the moodle forum (not moodlecloud). (https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=381116)

Is there any way to figure this out? Is there technical support for moodlecloud?

Thank you so much,

Sarra

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sarra Lev

Re: Error message when taking quizzes

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You are right that this is the second time an issue like this has been reported. However, the first report did not give enough clues to work out what was going.

In moodle, the 'course modules' database table is what links all the different activities and resources (quizzes, forums, pages, labels, ...) to the course. This part of Moodle has not changed in years, and normally works fine, so it is hard to guess what might be causing this error. We need more facts.

It would be very helpful if you could turn on Debugging, and set it to 'Developer' level and trigger the error again. Then copy and paste the full error message here. That would tell us exactly where in the code the error is coming from.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)