'Notification preferences' shows disabled plugins and disabled and disallowed notifications

'Notification preferences' shows disabled plugins and disabled and disallowed notifications

by Bernadette Parry -
Number of replies: 0

The Notification preferences page shows line items for plugins that are disabled and notifications that are disallowed.

Users can set their own messaging preferences. However they can be overwhelmed by the number of choices. 
The list includes plugins that are disabled at <site name>/admin/plugins.php.
Disallowing Default message outputs at <site name>/message/defaultoutputs.php does not remove the item.

For example, in the following screen shot, you can see System, Manual enrolments and Self enrolment that are not enabled, and clutter the page for users. It would be good if they did not display.

Messaging notifications that are not wanted

Is it possible to limit the list of preferences to just the most critical messaging choices?

Regards, Bernadette

(using )Moodle 3.5.3

ps I submitted this to https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-64734, and it was suggested that I add more detail, and propose a code solution. Unfortunately I don't have a code solution, so have taken on the suggestion to posting in a forum on moodle.org and encouraging people to vote, comment and/or come up with a patch.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)