Videos automatically downloading

Videos automatically downloading

by Kevin Harrison -
Number of replies: 3

Hello everyone!

I just took over a position at my company and was put in charge of addressing an issue we are having. One of our courses is having issues with the videos contained in it. When you click on the link, the video automatically starts downloading to the computer. I was assuming that there would be an option to turn off automatic downloads, however, I haven't found one. We just want them to be able to click the link and the video starts playing in the browser. Is there some where I need to check? Do I need to adjust the code? 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Version 3.1.5 (Build: 20170313)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kevin Harrison

Re: Videos automatically downloading

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Kevin, what format are these videos in?

when media doesnt match browser MIME types, it simple offers to  download it rather than try playing, so you may have to convert your videos in MP4, if they are already in, then must be player issue.

In reply to Kevin Harrison

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

How is the video added to the course? Is it a link on the course page? A File resource?  Or another way?

What format is the video in? What’s the file extension? Do you have the multimedia filter switched on?

In reply to Jon Bolton

by Kevin Harrison -

The videos are in .flv format when I download them. The multimedia filter is switched to Default (On). I am not sure how they added the video to the course, there is a link that when clicked on, starts the download. I just was assigned to address this problem and this is my first experience using moodle. I have included a picture of what the page looks like for students and how the videos show up. 

Attachment Video Links.JPG