How can I get the modified content to be displayed on the page right away?

How can I get the modified content to be displayed on the page right away?

by wind yang -
Number of replies: 4

I just started using moodle. How can I get the modified content to be displayed on the page right away?

For example, I changed Dashboard to My Dashboard, and I had to constantly refresh the page to see the effect.

Attachment dashboard_20190208001534.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to wind yang

Re: How can I get the modified content to be displayed on the page right away?

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

How did you modify this content?

If you went to Site admin > Language > Language customisation, then I'd expect it to change straight away.

If you directly edited the text in lang/en/*.php, then you'd need to purge the site caches to see the change (but don't do that - use the 'Language customisation' feature, above, as that is the right way to do it).

In reply to Davo Smith

by wind yang -

I edited the text in lang/en/*.php.

Got it, thanks.

In reply to wind yang

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

It would be a MUCH better idea to do it as Davo describes above. Any changes that you have made direct to the language pack will be lost when you next do an upgrade. That’s why the language customisation interface is there - to make any changes in an easy and sustainable way. It automatically creates a local language pack that holds all your changes from the official pack. See https://docs.moodle.org/36/en/Language_customisation

In any event, probably a good idea to purge the caches after you make any language changes. See https://docs.moodle.org/36/en/Developer_tools#Purge_all_caches

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jon Bolton

by wind yang -

Got it, Thank you very much.