Global Manager Role Course Event

Global Manager Role Course Event

by Alex H -
Number of replies: 1

Dear Community,

We are testing Moodle right now for our team.

Our idea is to have one persone coordinating all trainings and courses. Therfore I thought the global manager role will be the correct "right" to do this without putting this person in all courses/training. Unfortunately this is not the case, and the global manager role can not add a course event without beeing in the paricular course.

According to the manual a global manager can manage all courses on the whole site.

Is there something else to do to get this working? Does the global role just apply to "new" courses which where created after having this person put as "global manager" ?

Thanks for your support,

Alex

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex H

Re: Global Manager Role Course Event

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Alex.

I just tried and it should work.

1. I have a user with the username "m1".
  2. I went to the Site administration > Users > Permissions > Assign system roles and I assigned the role "Manager" to this user.
  3. I logged in as the user m1
  4. I went to a course
  5. I went to the calendar
  6. Pressed "New event" button
  7. The field "Type of event" is pre-selected with the "Course" and I can create course-level events.

Are you sure your manager user is inside a course when created the event? What Moodle version are you using?