Problems deleting assignments or resources

Problems deleting assignments or resources

by Todd Mesewicz -
Number of replies: 3
Hello everyone,

I finally have my server up and running and would like it to be ready for the 2 classes I teach but it seems that when ever I add a resource or and assignment it is permenant. I cannot delete it while in edit mode.

I am running Windows 2003 server with the package Moodle installation. I added a root password and can post any configuration file that is necessary. I am just baffled.

=====================================================================

The only changes I made to Apache were the port from 80 to 8833.

The user that connects to phpMyAdmin has full access to the database so I don't understand that I can' t delete the content I just posted. Instead I get the messages below.....

Attachment 9999999.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Todd Mesewicz

Re: Problems deleting assignments or resources

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Todd,

I notice in your second screenshot that it says "Delete Forum?" as well as "... delete Label" - very strange. thoughtful

Although the discussion I have lost control! is very old, the advice may be of help. Please report back on how you get on.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Todd Mesewicz -
Don't ask me how but I just fixed this problem. I said don't ask...well ok I'll just tell you. It seems like Moodle likes port 80, go figure its the default port for web traffic. As soon as I started hosting my website on port 80, I was suddenly able to delete the resources that I was creating.

This may have been a setting that I failed to change outside of the httpd.conf for Apache. I dunno.  Anyways I hope this helps and I'm excited to get this sucker going for my classes. Thanks all!
In reply to Todd Mesewicz

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Todd,

Thanks for your feedback - it's great to hear your problem is fixed. Best wishes in using Moodle! smile