Audit Trail for Sessions

Audit Trail for Sessions

by John Arnold Villafania -
Number of replies: 3

Does the plugin have audit trail for sessions when they are created and/or modified? There was a case that a faculty reported that the date time for a session they created was changed. That is why we need to investigate the incident before the blaming game begins. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Arnold Villafania

Re: Audit Trail for Sessions

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

you should be able to see session_updated/session_added and session_duration_updated events in your log.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by John Arnold Villafania -

I have this course that have multiple sessions: ICS 101, with courseid of 279. But when I check the logstore_standard_log, I can only see one record. See the attached images.

Attachment db logs.PNG
Attachment ics 101.PNG
In reply to John Arnold Villafania

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Try changing some other sessions and see what happens in the log if you're not sure. You could also engage your local Moodle Partner to help trace what occurred. I'm also not aware of any bugs that would result in the session time/duration being changed without a user doing this on purpose.