Randomly get Logged out + Missing Images

Randomly get Logged out + Missing Images

by Moldoveanu Mihnea -
Number of replies: 1

Hi there,

I moved my Moodle from Localhost to Live server. After several tries, I managed to find the right formula and everything appeared to work alright. Ex (create an account, update something in the db..)

But I noticed two weird behaviours:

1. If I navigate to random pages I get logged out after several pages. Usually when I click a course page or "Dashboard".

After navigating a lot, I noticed that every time that I hit "refresh" from a Course page, I get logged out.

2. Some images are missing. The logo is there (probably because it is located in the theme folder), but User pictures or Course pictures do not show up. 

I googled both problems, I got some hints for the second one, but none for the first one.

I tried to delete the sessions, but this wasn't a good idea so I restored them. 

Any suggestions? I'm pretty sure that they are correlated and that they have to do with 'moodledata' folder. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Moldoveanu Mihnea

Re: Randomly get Logged out + Missing Images

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Under 'any suggestions' ...  but first ... might be a good idea to provide some more info ...

Local host was on what platform?

Server is what platform and is it a shared host, a VPS, or what?   And operating system does make a difference.

Moodle version is?

Is site using files for sessions or database?   Why was manually removing the contents of moodledata/sessions a bad idea?   Could be a permissions issue on moodledata/sessions/?

Is site running cron frequently enough?

Have you looked into the 'scheduled task' ... especially the task related to sessions.

Missing images ... ownerships permissons on moodledata/filedir are?

Have you looked into web service logs ... especially error logs?   How about PHP error logs?

Have you turned on debug to see what else Moodle might be able to tell you?

'spirit of sharing', Ken