I think i broke my moodle CSV upload

I think i broke my moodle CSV upload

by Universitatea Agora -
Number of replies: 3

• What version of Moodle is this (it's in the version.php file or the Site administration > Notifications page at the bottom)? 

• If you've had an error message, what is it? Please copy and paste it exactly?

No errors, just it doesnt work as it was working 2 days ago

• What is your operating system, what web server are you using, what database and what are the versions of everything (including PHP)?

Dont know how to check these

• What did you do? What instructions did you follow? What did you expect ? What went wrong?

In order to make the emailing to new accounts function active after i create the accounts via CSV file, i think i broke how the upload users results page works... I dont know what i clicked in some settings panel but now if i have to upload 3 users through csv file, after choosing the settings, instead of showing me the page "upload users results: users updated, accounts created, accounts skipped" with 3 accounts in the table, now i only have the first account from the CSV and i must press F5 to refresh the page so that the second account gets created and listed and has the email sent. Then i have to press F5 again so that the third account gets created and listed in Upload users results

EXAMPLE BELOW

1. CSV UPLOAD SETTINGS

2. results are not shown but first account is created and email sent

3. after i press first refresh F5

4. after first refresh the second account gets created but not listed

5. third refresh lists first two accounts and creates the third on but doesnt list it here until another refresh

6. final display, all accounts created but due to refreshes it displays 0 created accounts

If you used this type of upload you know that the way it should be after csv upload is the page displays the full table from sixth picture like this

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Universitatea Agora

Re: I think i broke my moodle CSV upload

by C Behan -

Hi there.

There seems to be a display problem when you create your users alright however, the screenshots indicated that all of the accounts were indeed created.

For example in your final screenshots the status column and the summary below indicate that your users were updated, so it is expected that the accounts created were 0.

I suggest try uploading again with 3 new test accounts. When you get to screenshot 2, open a new tab and search for the accounts you just attempted to create. If you do find them, I think it might be a theme issue.

In reply to C Behan

by Universitatea Agora -

3 new accounts, they dont get created until i press refresh on the page for each of them. they are added one by one. The summary at the end shows 0 created because each page refresh resets the counter and it shows no new accounts..

One major thing i did during this 2 days that might have caused the problem is installing a plugin called Moodle Welcome. I am about to uninstall it (i dont see any disable button) and see if the platform behaves normaly as it should..

*Why a theme issue ? im running no themes and i have never installed a theme on moodle, i dont even know how. It worked before, i just changed some email settings because the emails were not sent..

In reply to C Behan

by Universitatea Agora -

Ok so i have deleted the plugin, found some clear plugin cache button or something similar to that, retried by making 3 accounts and it worked now.

The only problem left now is moodle doesnt send the emails automaticaly but instead after accounts creation i have to go to this link http://MYMOODLEWEBSITE/admin/cron.php?password=MYPASSWORDHERE. After accesing this link i believe im triggering CRON and emails are sent instantly.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)