Issue with attendance module

Issue with attendance module

by Wolfgang Rolke -
Number of replies: 5

I am trying to use the attendance module  with the option of the students to self register. I have set up an attendance activity with that option and a randomly generated password, which I can see when click the key symbol. But when the students click on the attendance link they don't get a box where they could enter the password.

I have been searching on the internet but haven't found this problem anywhere.

Below is a screenshot of what the students see when they click on Attendance. Any idea of what I am doing wrong?

sorry, I don't know our current moodle version and I don't see an Administration option

Wolfgang

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wolfgang Rolke

Re: Issue with attendance module

by Garrett Boone -

Hi Wolfgang, the screenshot is not showing.

In reply to Garrett Boone

by Wolfgang Rolke -

Sorry, don't know why it didn't include it. At any rate, when I log on with a student account it shows that there is an attendance today but when I click on it there is no place to enter the key

by Wolfgang Rolke -

here is the screenshot, taken at 5pm on Jan 17, so I should be able to register attendance for the first session

Attachment Capture.PNG

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Looks like you might be running into this bug:
https://github.com/danmarsden/moodle-mod_attendance/issues/340

It will only show sessions to the user when their enrolment was added before the start time of the session. What should be happening is it should allow them to submit attendance if their enrolment was added prior to the session close. (rather than the session start)

It's relatively high on my priority list to take a look at but pull requests or funding is always welcome.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Wolfgang Rolke -
It might be that this was my problem. It has resolved itself, during the next class session everyone was able to register.

Is there a suggestion on how to avoid this issue? Such as create the attendance activity before anyone registers for the course? Or is it after? Ideally of course this issue should be fixed. At least there should be some discussion of it on the moodle page explaining the attendance activity, I spent a lot of time on this issue because I thought I was doing something wrong.

Wolfgang