Course Completion

Course Completion

by Lisa Grossman -
Number of replies: 1

Hi All -

I am new to Moodle Administration. 

I am working with an installation of Moodle (2.12)  in the section on Completion Tracking, it was NOT set up to select  the individual activities within the course to be included in the Aggregation Method (Aggregation Method set to ALL). 

When I updated these selections for the activities to include them (Completion Tracking), I thought this would update the Course Complete column in the Course Completion Report.  It did not. 

Can anyone tell me why and what I need to do to make that column be correctly updated?  I want to know which students successfully complete all activities in a course and as a result have completed the course. 

Thanks

Lisa

Attachment CompletionSetup.jpg
Attachment CompletionTrackingReport.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lisa Grossman

Re: Course Completion

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Lisa

I do not have a Moodle 2.1.2 to try it out on, but course completion info is calculated during a "scheduled task." Or in the old versions of Moodle (which you have) when the "cron" job runs. These are background tasks that run every X minutes or hours in the background. 

See the FAQ #1 here:

https://docs.moodle.org/21/en/Course_completion_FAQ (Moodle version 2.1 docs)

It might be that your completion data will not be displayed until that has been run. And you site might not have a cron job configured to run. Or it might be configured to run very infrequently. If so on the Site Administration notifications page there is often a message saying that "Cron has not been run for 24 hours."  See here for information on cron(its tech'y). https://docs.moodle.org/21/en/Cron

The quickest way to try it out, is to run the cron job from your web browser, from the site administration area of your Moodle at: 

[your-moodle-site]/admin/cron.php

Fingers crossed it works. If it does and it has not run in a long time, it might take a while

Average of ratings: Useful (1)