Moodle.org not sending email to confirm email change

Moodle.org not sending email to confirm email change

by Mark Stevens -
Number of replies: 4

I've tried to change my email in my profile, but Moodle.org isn't sending me the confirmation email.  I've checked my spam folder, but there's nothing there either.  Is this an issue for anyone else?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Stevens

Re: Moodle.org not sending email to confirm email change

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Mark,

I just tried and found the same as you, so reported the issue as MDLSITE-5664. Hopefully the problem will be fixed soon, but in the meantime, feel free to contact moodle.org support then we can change your email address manually.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mark Stevens

by Paul Greidanus -

Hi Mark,

I just tested this with my own account and I was able to change my email address, but there was no confirmation email, or a notice that there would be a confirmation email. I did get a forum post email on the new address so I know that it worked.

In reply to Paul Greidanus

by Paul Greidanus -

Sorry, this was because I was testing on my admin account which does not need a confirmation.

However, I also tested on a different account and the email arrived properly:

In reply to Paul Greidanus

Re: Moodle.org not sending email to confirm email change [Solved]

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Update: I don't know what changed, but it seems that moodle.org email change confirmation emails are now being sent. I received one almost immediately. smile