error when editing user profile

error when editing user profile

by Mary Dulko -
Number of replies: 0

I am currently running Moodle 2.8.3+ (Build: 20150205) on a PC through Hostmonster cPanel, One-click installs in the Mojo Marketplace.

When I try to add a new user manually or edit a user's profile (to change their password for example), I get the following errors.  I'm not sure if more information is needed to help me solve this problem, but I would love to figure it out so I can reset a student's password.  Thanks in advance.

Exception - Call to a member function getAttribute() on null

More information about this error

Debug info: 
Error code: generalexceptionmessage
Stack trace:
  • line 105 of /lib/form/textarea.php: Error thrown
  • line 572 of /lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm.php: call to MoodleQuickForm_textarea->onQuickFormEvent()
  • line 538 of /lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm.php: call to HTML_QuickForm::_loadElement()
  • line 170 of /lib/form/tags.php: call to HTML_QuickForm::createElement()
  • line 537 of /lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm/group.php: call to MoodleQuickForm_tags->_createElements()
  • line 268 of /lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm/group.php: call to HTML_QuickForm_group->_createElementsIfNotExist()
  • line 80 of /lib/form/group.php: call to HTML_QuickForm_group->getGroupType()
  • line 2738 of /lib/formslib.php: call to MoodleQuickForm_group->getElementTemplateType()
  • line 260 of /lib/form/tags.php: call to MoodleQuickForm_Renderer->renderElement()
  • line 1632 of /lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm.php: call to MoodleQuickForm_tags->accept()
  • line 1696 of /lib/formslib.php: call to HTML_QuickForm->accept()
  • line 1675 of /lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm.php: call to MoodleQuickForm->accept()
  • line 435 of /lib/pear/HTML/Common.php: call to HTML_QuickForm->toHtml()
  • line 204 of /lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm/DHTMLRulesTableless.php: call to HTML_Common->display()
  • line 923 of /lib/formslib.php: call to HTML_QuickForm_DHTMLRulesTableless->display()
  • line 338 of /user/editadvanced.php: call to moodleform->display()

Average of ratings: -