Cannot LDAP sync users, but existing users are updated on login

Cannot LDAP sync users, but existing users are updated on login

autor Gitte Bendixen -
Počet odpovedí: 7

Hi,

This has worked before, but since november, it has not sync users - but existing users i LDAP can still login, and on login their information is updated from LDAP - this means that no new users are coming in, since november.

I have looked at the scheduled tasks, but no matter what i do - it does not sync users task with LDAP.

Hope you can hel - thanks. Úsmev

Priemer hodnotení : -
V odpovedi na Gitte Bendixen

Re: Cannot LDAP sync users, but existing users are updated on login

autor Iñaki Arenaza -
Obrázok: Core developers Obrázok: Documentation writers Obrázok: Particularly helpful Moodlers Obrázok: Peer reviewers Obrázok: Plugin developers

If you run the LDAP sync task manually from the command line, do you get any errors?

See https://docs.moodle.org/36/en/Administration_via_command_line#Scheduled_tasks for instructions on how to run scheduled tasks from the command line.

Saludos.

Iñaki.

V odpovedi na Iñaki Arenaza

autor Gitte Bendixen -

And also - testet in new enviroment - the users are not back, but when they login - they are created.

autor Emma Richardson -
Obrázok: Documentation writers Obrázok: Particularly helpful Moodlers Obrázok: Plugin developers

Turn debugging on and then run from the scheduled tasks page.  This should tell you what is happening with the sync.  

V odpovedi na Emma Richardson

autor Gitte Bendixen -

This might be the issue - but how to do that - my moodle-database is running utf8mb4_unicode_ci.... https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=261836

autor Emma Richardson -
Obrázok: Documentation writers Obrázok: Particularly helpful Moodlers Obrázok: Plugin developers

What does debugging show?  Your database setting is correct.

V odpovedi na Emma Richardson

autor Gitte Bendixen -

Hi,

I made it run directly through the commandline, but are not able to run it at all though the interface - yet. I am looking at the systempath now, to see if it could be there, the error is, and found one type-error in path to cli, where it is /usr/bin/php but i wrote: /user/bin/php

This might be the answer to a lot of problems the managers have... - That this is not set or not spelled correctly...

Best regards,

Gitte