Cannot LDAP sync users, but existing users are updated on login

Cannot LDAP sync users, but existing users are updated on login

by Gitte Bendixen -
Number of replies: 7

Hi,

This has worked before, but since november, it has not sync users - but existing users i LDAP can still login, and on login their information is updated from LDAP - this means that no new users are coming in, since november.

I have looked at the scheduled tasks, but no matter what i do - it does not sync users task with LDAP.

Hope you can hel - thanks. smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gitte Bendixen

Re: Cannot LDAP sync users, but existing users are updated on login

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If you run the LDAP sync task manually from the command line, do you get any errors?

See https://docs.moodle.org/36/en/Administration_via_command_line#Scheduled_tasks for instructions on how to run scheduled tasks from the command line.

Saludos.

Iñaki.

In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Gitte Bendixen -

Hi Iñaki Arenaza,

I tried using this from command-line, but eventhough the file is in the dir, it comes up with: command not found?

Best

In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Gitte Bendixen -

And also - testet in new enviroment - the users are not back, but when they login - they are created.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Turn debugging on and then run from the scheduled tasks page.  This should tell you what is happening with the sync.  

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Gitte Bendixen -

This might be the issue - but how to do that - my moodle-database is running utf8mb4_unicode_ci.... https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=261836

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

What does debugging show?  Your database setting is correct.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Gitte Bendixen -

Hi,

I made it run directly through the commandline, but are not able to run it at all though the interface - yet. I am looking at the systempath now, to see if it could be there, the error is, and found one type-error in path to cli, where it is /usr/bin/php but i wrote: /user/bin/php

This might be the answer to a lot of problems the managers have... - That this is not set or not spelled correctly...

Best regards,

Gitte