Initials listed vertically -- grader report, etc.

Initials listed vertically -- grader report, etc.

by Vladislav Korenivski -
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

Updating 3.2 to 3.6 made the navigation links of initials in grading reports and user lists appear vertical instead of horizontal (image attached) -- very inconvenient with lots of scrolling. The theme used is Arialist. (There was a similar questions in the forum, without a visible fix -- Santiago Garcia, Sunday, 13 August 2017, 12:09 AM).

Will appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this.

Vlad

Attachment 2018-12-27 (1).png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vladislav Korenivski

Re: Initials listed vertically -- grader report, etc.

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Switch themes, and then let us know if you still have the problem and which themes (clean, more, or boost) you have tired.

In reply to Rick Jerz

Clean and More seem to work fine. Arialist continues to have the same problem. Thanks.

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Well, now you know what the problem is.

I just checked and see that Arialist is good up to Moodle 3.2.  I see that Mary Evans maintains this.  Mary hangs out here a lot and might have some guidance for you.

For now, use Clean, More, or Boost.  Or find a theme that says it is compatible with Moodle 3.6.

In reply to Rick Jerz

Thanks for feedback. Boosting for now. Hope Mary has a moment for this. Folks here like the theme and have a bunch of tweaks in it.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Vlad, 

Arialist was depreciated in Moodle 2.6 and so is NOT Moodle 3.6 compatable, therefore no longer being maintained. You need to change with the times. 

You can make Boost look like Arialist if necessary, but it will work differently than you will be used to.

Having said that I will try and get an Arialist Preset together to prove that it can be done.

I am not promising anything...but I hope it can be done.?

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

Thank you, Mary. Not life-and-death, but will be much appreciated. Vlad

Average of ratings: Useful (1)