HTML in editor

HTML in editor

by Per Hessellund -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

Is there a way of presenting HTML i Atto editor, in witch it is presented somewhat like:

Code

Best regard

Per

The code i html mode for the first part of this post look like this:
Code

Not so readable...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Per Hessellund

Re: HTML in editor

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

For the past couple of years, I have used Justin Hunt's, Snippets, plugin to create templates for all that kink of stuff. I basically made a bunch of templates like the ones you see for slide layouts when creating a presentation. When set up correctly, Snippets, is an added toolbutton in the Atto editor. Click the button, pick the template to use, then fill in with text/photos, etc., as needed.

by Dave Balch -

Do you mean to maintain decent nesting/indenting in the HTML source?

Unfortunately, I'm not ware of any way to do that - I'd also prefer it being more legible.

I guess that this happens as a side-effect of the text filtering Moodle does (e.g. to remove potentially dangerous content like javascript).

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Install the HTML+ plugin

https://moodle.org/plugins/atto_htmlplus

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to John Provasnik

Ang: Re: HTML in editor

by Per Hessellund -

Hi John.

Thanks - just what I was looking fore smile

Best regard.

Per

Re: Ang: Re: HTML in editor

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

The only "con" with this plugin (and it may be a browser issue, but it happens on all browsers that I use)  is that you cannot do a browser "find" in it (it only performs the "find" on the code that is currently displayed. So I still have and use the built in Atto Html button to do any "finds" in my code. 

Now, having both HTML buttons installed I've also notice this (again, maybe a browser issue) - when entering the close by clicking the html button, HTML brings you straight to the bottom/last line of the code, and HTML+ starts you at the top/first line of the code. (OR it could be the other way around). Either way, they start you at different locations upon entering into the HTML... not sure if it's a browser thing or not but wanted to share.