Moodle 3.5.1 Linux PostgreSQL
Most of the files are converted correctly using unoconv as a document converter on our Moodle instance. But we had recently a complaint from a teacher of our institution about a bunch of .docx files submitted to an assignment that was not being converted correctly and a blank page was showing instead. I was able to confirm that. Those files are not converted anywhere, not even on demo.moodle.net.
Tried to unzip the docx documents and understand some similarities between the documents. Maybe beacuse they have jpeg files embedded? But some with png files were also problematic... (https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-58272) Maybe it is the word version... but doesn't seem to be that...
Does anyone else have problems with unoconv? Really, I mean, does anyone have some problematic files when converting using unoconv (not all of the files...)
Of the two docx sample files, the jpg one has a page title and a jpg picture, the png document only has a page title and no picture at all.
NOTE: These two sites are just for development and are very lightly loaded, which could possibly make a difference. I have not had any problems with unoconv working correctly, as long as the file types are listed in the, Supported document conversions, list for Site administration > Plugins > Document converters > Manage document converters.
Unfortunately, unoconv seems to break on https://demo.moodle.net pretty often...and it is broken right now, so I would expect that you get no success. You can check this yourself. If you notice when you go to that site, it says you can log in as admin. Do so, and go Site administration > Plugins > Document converters > Manage document converters. You should see that Google drive is NOT Enabled, and that there is NOTHING listed under Unconv, Supported document conversions. If you click the link for, Settings, for Unoconv, you will see a red X which indicates the path is wrong to the document converter.
If you post your revised docx file, I will test it on my server. I would give you access to my server, but my only PostgreSQL Moodle is on my internal network only.
You are right, it is broken. And not even moodle cloud can be used to check unoconv...
I was trying to find a way to check if the problem is with our unoconv instance or if there is some problem with those .docx files in particular. Because I get trouble submitting only a few of the files I consider the problem being on the files and not on our unoconv instance configuration...
You told me you were able to submit the files I attached, right? But did you opened and saved them before trying to submit them? I mean did you change anything on the files before submitting?
Thank you for your help!
I agree and think the problem is probably with your files, and NOT with your unconv setup, especially since you are able to render other files without any problems.
I did not open or change anything in the files before submitting. All I did was download and save them. Yes, as a student I was able to submit the files and able to see the contents in the teacher grading view. The one with jpg, rendered with a title and xray photograph. The one with png, only contained the title and there was NOT a picture.
I don't have a Moodle running on PostgreSQL that can be accessed from the Internet, but that should not make a difference since it is LibreOffice doing the conversions. If you would like teacher/student access to my Moodle 3.5 server for testing some submissions on your own, let me know and I will send you credentials via private message.