Blank page after ipgrade from moodle 3.5.3 to moodle3.6.1

Blank page after ipgrade from moodle 3.5.3 to moodle3.6.1

by mohamed hassan -
Number of replies: 3

I have recently upgrade my software using softaculus app instaler by automatically upgrading my software however I’m getting blank page and I  to restore my whole website from a backup 

Then I tried again with same problem persists and an error message 

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare events_get_cached() (previously declared in /home/prom/public_html/moodle30/lib/deprecatedlib.php:3306) in /home/prom/public_html/moodle30/lib/eventslib.php on line 55

I thought it is related to softaculous installer then I tried to do upgrading using a fresh download from moodle website and followed all upgrading steps  unfortunately the same problem persists 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to mohamed hassan

Re: Blank page after ipgrade from moodle 3.5.3 to moodle3.6.1

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

There isn't a file lib/eventslib.php in Moodle 3.6

So where did yours come from?

Most likely you have copied the new version of software over the top of the old. Don't do that (you found out why not).  You should read Upgrading carefully. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by mohamed hassan -

No I didn’t copied new over old 

I copied php.config to the totally new moodle folder

And copied the additional plugins as guided by moodle instructions 

And on trying to access moodle I stuck into a blank page 

In reply to mohamed hassan

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

So... how do you have a file from an older version of Moodle?

If you are *really* running a clean copy of Moodle 3.6 then you can't have /home/prom/public_html/moodle30/lib/eventslib.php.

See https://github.com/moodle/moodle/tree/MOODLE_36_STABLE/lib for the correct contents of lib/

That file was deleted between versions 3.5 and 3.6 (it's in 3.5 but not 3.6)

My guess is that you are using an old plugin that needed this now deprecated library file. To fix the plugin dependency you have copied the file from the older version. Just a guess wink