Repeating display issue which is resolved by purge caches

Repeating display issue which is resolved by purge caches

by Roman Galperin -
Number of replies: 2

Hello dear Moodlers, 

I am an admin of a Moodle system which I've integrated into a private school. I'm using a custom built theme based on bootstrap, and my Moodle version is : 3.2.1 (  -Non-human friendly name 2016120501.02 )  ;)

The problem is I'm experiencing a strange display issue which is resolved by purging all caches. Unfortunately this solution is temporary and lasts for only a bit, until teachers and managers report the issue again. At times I must clear caches several times a day (!)

The issue is noticeable outside editing mode and I'm gonna provide 2 images for you see the practical disturbance it creates :  
Here is the normal display (editing on):

Here is the display when the issue occurs : 

As you can see the second image is messed up in terms of display - the "edit" appears on the other side and its location on the page is blocking the dragging functionality and the ability to access settings. 
Other things are also affected by this issue. 

The issue is resolved by purging caches and display returns to normal (img 1).
I am really helpless here and been trying to figure out what could be causing this weird issue. 
The theme was co-built with some freelance developers which I can't contact unfortunately. 

Technical stuff : 
Operating systems: Mac & Win for users ( I'm running win 10)
Server : Amazon web server
DB : MySql

I'll be very happy to hear any thought on the subject! 
Thanks a lot.

Roman.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Roman Galperin

Re: Repeating display issue which is resolved by purge caches

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Do you get the same problem running the core Boost theme? If you don't know, try it!  

It will identify or eliminate your custom theme... at worst, it narrows down the problem.

If you haven't done so already, turn up Debugging. After the problem happens check your web server's error log in case anything has been logged. 

In reply to Roman Galperin

Re: Repeating display issue which is resolved by purge caches

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I second what Howard mentions, check the course using another built in theme, Boost or Clean. Another thing to check, is it only this course with the mixed RTL and LTR text, that is having the problem?