cron warning

Re: cron warning

by Ken Task -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Then a 'future welcome' to ya! smile

Hit the nail on the head here:

"... not reading too much in to the responses as some come across rather turt, but are not meant to be that way. They are to there to help guide you to find a solution."

Not a forum moderator so this isn't an official response of any kind ... just my take.  

These forums are a community of users from all over the globe and thus responses could mean something un-intended.   Take for example, your use of the word 'turt' ... in Hindi that means 'quick' (I don't know Hindi ... quick google search).  Now if your meaning was 'short' ... lacking detailed steps ... yep, that happens.  And think your comment about intention was also 'right on' - as a former teacher ... 'teach how to fish ... or give fish' comes to mind.

Documentation is also open to all to correct/edit, etc.  Documentation should probably always be verified by finding the docs from the makers of the software ... in this case, MariaDB.

Not unusual to find docs in apps to be behind ... considering the pace of things these days.

Wise to document your own steps.   Do the same myself ... have a rather large folder of text files ... just for Moodle.

Anyhoo, sounds like you've solved the problem and are making progress! smile

'spirit of sharing', Ken