Home page appearance

Home page appearance

by Michael Findlay -
Number of replies: 3

There appears to be a problem with Moodle's Home page on my site. if you look at the attached pictures you can see a lot of blank space and this means relevant information about each course is inaccessible until the user goes to the bottom of the block and scrolls across. Is there a setting in Moodle that can be changed to adjust this?

TIA

Michael.

Attachment m-a-training-1.PNG
Attachment m-a-training-2.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Findlay

Re: Home page appearance

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Did you copy and paste the course summary from a word document?  I suspect you copied over styles from Word and it is causing the issue.  I'd also suspect that the only time you see this issue is when the course summary is displayed.  That would be the hint to help you solve this.  

Open up that course and in the course summary textbox expand it to see the second row.  Then click the HTML code button <>

Delete everything and click the save button and then go to view the pages again.  I had you go into HTML mode so that you can see any and all code that might be copied over and be sure to delete everything.

In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Michael Findlay -
Hi Chris Thanks for your reply. Yes I copied and pasted the information but removing the HTML code doesn't get rid of all the white space in the middle. The white space on the right is from table formatting. The Course Summary box itself appears to be right justified within the body of the page itself so I am thinking it is part of the moodle code not part of my course summary information. I have checked this on Firefox, Chrome, Chromium, and Edge. Cheers. Michael.
In reply to Michael Findlay

by Michael Findlay -

I have been working on the appearance of my page and have fixed the tables (please see atatched screenshots) and removed the white space from it but there is still a ridiculous amount of white space in the middle of the page (please see attached screenshots). Is there a setting in Moodle configuration causing this? If yes can it be changed? If yes where is it and what needs to be changed?

Cheers.

Michael.

Attachment White-Space1.PNG
Attachment White-Space2.PNG