"Demoting" a user from a manager to student

"Demoting" a user from a manager to student

by Bret Bradberry -
Number of replies: 2

I know that this is a simple fix, but I cannot seem to find it and I have a small time frame to correct the issue.  I have a user that was entered in the system as a manager, as we define it.  That person has been demoted and I need to take them from the manager to a student role.  I have tried the Site Administration > Users > Permissions but I HAVE to be overlooking where to set it from Manager to Student.  It's not just one course or category, it's that the person needs to be a student system-wide.

Any advice is much appreciated!

~b

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bret Bradberry

Re: "Demoting" a user from a manager to student

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

It depends on how you added your manager. If you added them directly in Moodle (as opposed to say, LDAP or another external authentication system, which I can't help with) then look at Site administration/Users/Permissions/Assign system roles. Remove the named manager from there. Then you will have to add them as a student into every course where you wish them to study. (You don't normally add students in a site wide role)