New status with variable points

New status with variable points

by Marina Ola -
Number of replies: 4

Hi there!

I would love to have a status added, with is not a radio button, but has the otion of giving points or a grade.

This way it would be possible not only to check if someone is there, but also give him/her a feedback about his/her perfomance during this session. Also all grades, which are collected this way shall be summed up and be a part of the grade book.

Is there a possibilty to do so?

Greetings from Hamburg, Germany

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marina Ola

Re: New status with variable points

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there, 

I presume "Admin" isn't your real name? - it might be a good idea to change that in your moodle profile here smile

This doesn't sound like something that would be easy to add to the attendance code. It would be better for you to add a status that relates to each possible grade that you want to assign to your users.

But of course - the code is completely open source, and anything is possible given enough time or $$ ... smile

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Marina Ola -

You are right concerning my name, but I am a group of people... Maybe I should give us some kind of mixed-name.

A pity, I hoped it would be something easy. Can it be added to the "requested features" list?

In reply to Marina Ola

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

heh - you really should have your own accounts on moodle.org rather than sharing an account... there's really no benefit to sharing a password like that.. Build your own history/reputation etc!

If you added this sort of thing to the issues tracker in github I'd probably close it as "won't fix" - it would be a lot of work and I don't tend to work on "features" as a volunteer. It's hard enough keeping on top of maintenance/community support etc.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Marina Ola -

Thanks for the info... I see I have to find someone who forks it, if I really want to have this opportunity.

Well, besides teaching my colleagues how to use computers and the internet (You know, in Germany our chancellor said, internet is new to all of us...in 2017...), I always wanted to learn programming. Lifelong learning for the win! And thanks for the tip, I'll use my own account for the next discussion.