Username and Email collapsed together on Report field

Username and Email collapsed together on Report field

by William Stewart -
Number of replies: 3

One of my staff members pointed this out to me this morning. When looking at the attendance report, it now has the username and email overlapping with one another. The quick solution was to collapse the user-field carrot which ironically hides the e-mail.

When hovering over the names, the e-mail portion under the username disappears. You'll also notice the table is shifted to the right.

I turned on debugging (all the way up) but nothing reported here. Clearly we are using a theme but I cannot test the theme yet in regards to attendance (my test site is on my home pc) to see if the theme is the problem.

In any event, perhaps this is a known issue and worth asking about smile

Moodle 3.5.2+, MySQL 5.7.X, Php 7.1.x, and Attendance Plugin 3.5.5 (2018051407).

screen shot

Average of ratings: -
In reply to William Stewart

Re: Username and Email collapsed together on Report field

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
It was a bug with the attendance when using the more/clean themes - see: https://github.com/danmarsden/moodle-mod_attendance/issues/338

The user details are supposed to float on the left. It was supposed to have been fixed in the latest version though - are you sure you are using the latest version - and what theme are you using?

In reply to Dan Marsden

by William Stewart -

Moodle 3.5.2+,

MySQL 5.7.X, 

Php 7.1.x, 

Attendance Plugin 3.5.5 (2018051407)

The theme is a custom one probably based on clean. The attendance plugin is the latest version.

In reply to William Stewart

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

yeah - that should be fixed in that release, check the clean theme to see if it displays correctly there? - You might need to update your custom theme to fix it.

If you find it can be improved by adding some css to the attendance code (without breaking the floating users names) let me know!